Make Princeton your home away from home.
Our 45-acre campus is within walking distance of downtown Princeton and Princeton University. Our boarding school students enjoy all that the town has to offer, from multicultural restaurants and cafes to movies, museums, and shops. Whether you’re interested in catching a show at McCarter Theatre or determined to find out whether Halo Pub or the Bent Spoon has the better ice cream in town, there’s always something to keep you busy in Princeton.
Our students enjoy a five-day class schedule, so weekends allow for a thoughtfully planned schedule of off- and on-campus activities for boarding and day school students alike. Activities are designed to complement classroom learning, as well as provide time for students to relax, explore, and have fun with friends.
While the schedule of activities changes every weekend, most weekends offer students the chance to stock up on supplies from Target or Walmart, choose a fitness-related activity such as yoga or a trampoline park excursion, or enjoy a specialty meal off campus. On-campus weekend activities might include an outdoor movie, S'mores on the Mall, or free time in the gym or art rooms.
I love boarding here, and there are so many activities on the weekend, from trips out for sushi, to Wawa, or to ice skate. On weekends at home, I often want to come back to campus early so I don’t miss out. It really is such a friendly environment; it feels like home.
Nicole Kiczek ’20
Check out some of the recent weekend offerings:
- The National Aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland
- Dance performance at McCarter Theatre Center in Princeton (with post-show conversation with artistic director)
- Laser tag at Branchburg Sports Complex
- Yoga and brunch in Princeton
- Sustainable Princeton GreenFest
- Top Golf outing
- Dinner at Hibachi Steak House
- Ice skating at Mercer County Park
- Hiking in the Institute for Advanced Study Woods
- Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton
- Rock climbing at Rockville Climbing Center in Hamilton
- TV show/movie marathons in Global Commons
- Brunch at The Gingered Peach in Lawrenceville
- Manicures in Princeton
- New Jersey Devils hockey game
- Liberty Science Center in Jersey City