Tuition and Financial Aid
Affording a Hun School Education
The Hun School is committed to making extraordinary educational opportunities accessible to students from all over the world. Living and learning with students and adults with varied experiences, identities, perspectives, and socio-economic backgrounds benefits all of us as we seek to develop the skills necessary to thrive in a globalized world. Students are offered admission based on their ability, strength of character, and intellectual curiosity, and without consideration of their family's financial circumstances.
Financial aid is available for families with a wide range of demonstrated need, as determined by the Clarity Financial Aid Platform. Please feel free to have a candid conversation about affordability with your admission counselor at any point in the process.
|Middle school day||$45,200|
|upper school day||$50,300|
|upper school boarding||$73,700|
|academic learning skills program||$19,300|
|english as a second language||$15,000|
|new international fee||$5,000|
|returning International fee||$3,000|
We offer range of payment plans to fit families' needs:
- Single Pay: Families can choose to pay the total Net Tuition and Fees in one payment on or before July 15th.
- Two Payments (65% and 35%): Families can choose to pay 65% of the Net Tuition and Fees before July 15th and the remaining 35% before December 15th.
- 10 Month Payment Plan: Families can choose to pay ten equal installments, beginning in May and ending in February.
- October 1st - Financial Aid Portal through Clarity opens
- January 15th - Financial Aid application deadline for prospective families
- March 10th - Financial Aid awards are reflected in enrollment offers for admitted students
- April 10th - Enrollment deadline for newly admitted students; after which we begin admitting students from our waitlist
January 3rd - Application Deadline for Returning Hun FamiliesReturning families who currently receive financial aid as part of their tuition must reapply for that aid every academic year before January 3rd. However, Clarity retains your financial profile for a streamlined process. Our first priority is to support returning students, therefore, the Financial Aid deadline of January 3rd for returning families is firm.
Am I eligible for Financial Aid?
Financial Aid Portal through Clarity
Hun’s Financial Aid Program is designed to make a Hun School education accessible for all students who qualify for admission. Financial aid awards are offered based solely on each family’s demonstrated need. The Hun School does not offer merit or athletic scholarships.
Families who wish to apply for tuition assistance at Hun, must do so annually, through Clarity, the leading financial aid platform for independent school families. Based on an independent evaluation of each parent or guardian’s assets, income, expenses, and debts, Clarity determines the level of financial aid for which each student qualifies.
Clarity requires a one-time $60 fee to process each student’s application. However, students applying to multiple independent schools can share their Clarity application as many times as needed.
Apply for financial aid Now
Visit Clarity to set up an account and begin. Families who wish to apply for aid will need to do so annually.
Questions about Clarity?
Clarity offers a quick reference guide as well as in-app support through the “Help” button on the bottom left of the Clarity screen. You can also contact Clarity directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 210-3752.
- We probably make too much to qualify, but we have two older kids in college. Should I apply?
- Will applying for Financial Aid affect my chances of admission?
- Am I guaranteed to receive the full financial aid grant that Clarity determines I qualify for?
- Does Hun offer athletic or performing arts scholarships?
- Can I appeal my Financial Aid decision?
- Is my information secure with Clarity?
- What is the process for parents who are separated or divorced?
- If I enroll without financial aid for my first year, can I apply for financial aid later?
Hun is not just a school, it is a life-changing experience. It shapes the person you will become. With guidance and instruction from wonderful teachers, you discover who you are as a person and realize your potential as a student.
Yuvraj D. '22